A great way to show your child you are invested in her education is by getting involved in the private schools in Orlando. Schools constantly need volunteers to help with school tasks, including planning events, chaperoning field trips, and organizing fundraising activities. Parent volunteers provide a huge relief and support to the community. Get involved and demonstrate to your child the importance of getting involved and working together.
One of the best places to get started and active at school is by attending parent-teacher conferences and open houses. Talk to your child’s teachers and principal about how you can get involved. Some ways may include:
- Be a classroom helper.
- Mentor students.
- Organize fundraising activities.
- Plan and chaperone events, such as dances, proms, and field trips.
- Judge experiments at the science fair.
- Speak to the class about your job.
- Attend school board meetings.
- Sew theatre costumes and build sets.
- Work as a computer lab or library assistant.
These are some things to keep in mind while you are volunteering:
- Only dedicate as much time you are willing. Don’t be afraid to say no, and be clear about what you are able to do.
- Any little bit makes a difference. Start small — don’t offer to coordinate the bake sales and theatre production all at once. Take on only as much as you are capable.
- Talk to the teachers and students so you can find out what they need help with. You’ll want to make the most out of your time there, so select activities wisely.
- Don’t give any special treatment to your child. You’re there for everyone, not just her! Limit your interactions and stay behind the scenes.
For more than 50 years, private schools in Orlando have been helping children grow to their fullest potential and become leaders within their communities. We offer unique and dynamic learning environments that engage students and encourage them to become confident and responsible adults. To learn more about what makes us different, contact us today.