We all know that dinner time is a great to turn off the TV, shut down your phone, and enjoy some quality time with your family. But are you at a loss when it comes to getting your children talking? We have a couple great conversation starters to make it easier!
Talk About Faith
- If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
- What is your favorite Bible verse?
- Which Bible story is your favorite?
- What do you think Heaven looks like?
- When you pray, how do you picture God?
Talk About The Future
- What is your dream job?
- If you could plan our next family vacation, where we would go?
- How many kids do you think you’ll have when you grow up?
- Where do you think you’ll live when you grow up?
- What’s something fun that you want to do over summer vacation?
Share Your Day
- Share your high and low from the day.
- What’s the funniest or strangest thing that happened to you today?
- Share two things you felt grateful for today.
- Rate your day on a scale of 1-10.
- How did you show someone kindness today?
Out of This World
- If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be?
- If you had to build a house entirely out of food, what kind of food would you use?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be?
- If you had one wish (and you couldn’t wish for any more wishes), what would you wish for?
- If you won a million dollars from the lottery, what would you do with it?
- If you could make up your own national holiday, what would it be? How would we celebrate it?
- If you could eat only one food every day for a whole month, what would it be?
This or That
- Would you rather live in the beach or in the mountains?
- Would you rather go back in time or travel to the future?
- Would you rather always be sticky or always be itchy?
- Would you rather have hands for feet or feet for hands?
- Would you rather live at a theme park or at the zoo?
- Would you rather jump into a pool of chocolate pudding or a pool of mud?
- Would you rather sneeze spaghetti or sing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” every time someone says your name?
- Cake or ice cream?
- Tacos or pizza?
- Which is better — being invisible or being able to fly?
For more than 50 years, Orlando schools have been helping children grow to their fullest potential and become leaders within their communities. We offer unique and dynamic learning environments that engage students and encourage them to become confident and responsible adults. To learn more about what makes us different, contact us today.